Women’s Funding Network (“WFN” “Organization” “Feminist Funded Conference” “we” “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your data when you use our conference website. This policy explains how we collect, store, use, and share your personal information, and how you can exercise your rights and choices regarding your data. We adhere to the principles of feminist data practices, which recognize that data is not neutral, objective, or value-free, but rather shaped by social, political, and ethical contexts. We aim to use data in ways that are transparent, accountable, participatory, and empowering for our conference community.
Women’s Funding Network’s websites and social media accounts may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, services, social networks or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices for processing and storing your personal data. By engaging with our website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this notice. This notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Data Notice). Your continued engagement with our websites after any such revisions indicates that you accept and consent to them, so please check the notice periodically for updates.
What data do we collect and why?
We collect different types of data depending on how you interact with our website and our conference. We only collect the data that is necessary for the purposes we describe below.
– When you register for our conference, we ask you to provide us with your name, email address, organization, job title, country of residence, dietary requirements, accessibility needs, and demographic information. We use this data to process your registration, to communicate with you about the conference details and updates, to provide you with the services and accommodations you request, to facilitate networking and collaboration opportunities among conference participants, and to evaluate the impact and outcomes of the conference. We may also use this data to send you information about our future events and activities that may be of interest to you, unless you opt out of receiving such communications. Payments are processed through Stripe, and we do not retain credit card information on our servers.
– When you attend our conference, we may collect additional data from you such as your feedback, photos, videos, audio recordings or social media posts. We use this data to document and showcase the conference activities and achievements, to promote our mission and values, to create a sense of community and belonging among conference participants, and to inform our future planning and development. We will always ask for your consent before collecting or sharing personally identifying information.
How do we store and protect your data?
We store your data on secure servers located in the United States. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or loss. We limit access to your data to our staff and contractors who need it to perform their duties related to Women’s Funding Network and/or Feminist Funded. We also require them to follow our data protection policies and procedures.
If you are accessing the Women’s Funding Network sites from a country outside the United States, your personal data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Women’s Funding Network and its authorized third-party business vendors in the United States. The United States may have privacy laws that may not be as comprehensive as your own.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, or as required by law.
How do we share your data?
We do not rent or sell visitor or donor information to third parties. We will not transfer or share this information unless compelled by law, or under the specific conditions listed below, and we will vigorously challenge any subpoena or other demand by government or private organizations or individuals to access it.
We only share your data with:
– Our service providers: We may share your data with third parties that provide services on our behalf related to the conference website or operations. For example, we may share your data with our web hosting provider, conference app platform, payment processor, email service provider, or survey platform. We only share the minimum amount of data necessary for them to perform their services for us.
– Our partners: We may share your data with other organizations that co-organize or co-sponsor the conference with us. For example, we may share your name and email address with partners and committee members that are involved in the conference planning or delivery. We only share your data with partners that have a legitimate interest in the conference and that agree to respect your privacy rights.
– Our speakers: We may share your name and email address with the speakers of the conference sessions that you register for or attend. This is to enable them to communicate with you before or after their sessions, send you additional materials or resources related to their topics, or invite you to participate in their research projects or networks. You can opt out of receiving communications from speakers at any time by contacting them directly or us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Conference attendees: Your name, email address, job title, and organization will be visible in the conference app. By default, attendees will be able to see the names of other attendees through the conference contact list. You will have the option to opt-out of the contact list by changing the settings in your profile.
– Additional parties not listed above, for purposes that we will disclose in writing (including via email). If required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before disclosing your data in these additional circumstances.
What are your rights and choices regarding your data?
You have the right to access, update, correct or delete your personal information at any time. You also have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal information for certain purposes. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com
You can also opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email we send you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you contact us if you have any questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use your data or how we protect your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Changes to our data policy
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. We will notify you of any significant changes by posting a notice on our website or by sending you an email. Your continued use of our website or conference after such notice constitutes your acceptance of the updated policy.
Additional Notice to Individuals in the EEA and the UK
- Scope. This section provides additional information to individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”).
- Data Controller. Women’s Funding Network is the controller for personal data covered by this notice. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purposes and Legal Bases for Processing. This notice (the section titled “What data do we collect and why”) describes the purposes for which we process your personal data. Under applicable UK and EEA data protection laws, we are required to specify the legal basis or bases under which we are allowed to process personal data. Processing of your personal data for the purposes described above is necessary for legitimate business interests as described in the section titled “What data do we collect and why”. From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your personal data for certain specific reasons. When we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- Categories of Recipients of Personal Data. We describe the categories of recipients of the personal data in the section titled “How do we share your data” above.
- Transfers of Personal Data. We transfer personal data as described in the “How do we share your data” section in this notice.
- Data Retention. We keep personal data for as long as needed to provide you with the services that you request; as needed for the purposes outlined in this notice or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we use your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your Rights. You may have the right to: (a) access the personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine readable format or have such personal data transmitted to another company. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.