Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation seeks Full-tim Executive Assistant/Program Associate
- Title: Full-time Executive Assistant/Program Associate
- Hours: 40 hours per week, FTE
- Payment: $65,000 to $70,000 per year, DOE
- Location: Virtual. Periodic post-COVID travel to Monterey and Santa Cruz required.
- Start Date: May 15, 2021
Organization Overview: The Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation was founded in 2008 to create and support strategies for eliminating obstacles facing marginalized populations in order to reach gender and racial equity. The Foundation focuses on the following program areas: gender equity and intersectional feminism, in an effort to improve the lives of women and girls (including cis women and girls, trans women and girls, and nonbinary, gender nonconforming, and genderqueer people); and education, in an effort to ensure equal access to education for all community members. The Foundation currently awards grants to nonprofit organizations that serve people and communities in the Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties (also known as the tribal lands of the Amah Mutsun, Ohlone, Chalon, Awaswas, and Esselen nations), and occasionally the greater San Francisco Bay Area. More information about the Foundation can be found at http://baskinfoundation.org/.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: This is a remote position. However, candidates must have flexibility and access to reliable transportation. Periodic post-COVID travel to Monterey and Santa Cruz is required.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the development of program guidelines, requests for proposals, publicity, and community outreach surrounding grant initiatives
- Applying intersectional feminist knowledge to written materials
- Assisting with the development of and maintenance of scholarship guidelines, application and related materials
- Managing correspondence, application/proposal submittal, dispersal of funds tracking, and reporting requirements for grant program
- Responding to general inquiries about the Foundation
- Representing the Foundation at community events throughout the Bay Area, as needed
- Maintaining a grant/scholarship recipient database
- Synthesis of summaries, analyses, and charts on topics such as finances, grant programming, etc.
- Creation of presentations and/or other content
- Tracking on-going and relevant “best practices” regarding intersectional feminism and conducting research for the Foundation
- Preparing agendas and materials for Board meetings and transcribing minutes
- Updating and managing Foundation website
- Collecting mail, filing/scanning, and organizing
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience working in administration, at a foundation, or in the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated interest in the Foundation’s funding areas and a passion for intersectional feminism, social, racial, and gender justice
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent writing skills
- Willingness to initiate and support tasks at all levels, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional judgement and time management skills, and ability to hold self accountable for producing high-quality, timely results
- Adaptability to changing environments and diverse work demands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in data management in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Box or Dropbox and other online information management applications
- Flexible availability
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to commit to position for at least 3-5 years
- Experience with QuickBooks desired, but not required
- Experience with website development desired, but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, exempt position, working 40 hours per week. Compensation is $65,000 to 70,000 per year, dependent on experience.
- For FTE, we provide 10 days paid vacation to start, which increases over time (15 days after two years, 20 days after 5 years, and 25 days after 10 years); 10 sick days, 9 paid federal holidays plus 5 additional days around the holidays.
- We provide paid parental leave, health and dental insurance benefits, and fitness and wellbeing reimbursements.
THE PEGGY AND JACK BASKIN FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to support [@] baskinfoundation.org. Qualified candidates will be notified for an interview.
No phone calls, please.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for long periods while operating a computer; communicate on a telephone and in person; read and write; apply logic and focus attention in the presence of distractions. Occasional requirements are to attend events, move about the workplace and outside facility to access file cabinets, office equipment, and lift office supplies when retrieving mail and storing supplies, etc.