The Women's Fund of Winston-Salem
The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem brings together women who care about the economic and social well-being of women and girls in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
Through the power of collective giving, The Women’s Fund addresses the root causes of problems by supporting projects that bring about social change rather than simply provide social service. Our grants help homeless women overcome barriers to housing and self sufficiency; motivate girls to pursue their education and dreams; help women in crisis access services and programs to reduce their dependence on emergency aid programs and become more self-sufficient; and help impoverished women increase their financial literacy and assets.
The Fund seeks to represent the diversity of our community. Whatever your economic status, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or age, you are essential to our making a lasting impact on our community.
The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem seeks to improve the lives of women and girls by building a community of female philanthropists who provide grants to local programs and initiatives that address the root causes of social issues impacting women and girls in Forsyth County.
We envision a community where women and girls:
- Have equal opportunities, skills and resources to be independent, self-sufficient and contributing members of the community;
- Are healthy and live in homes and communities without fear of violence;
- Are empowered and equipped to be leaders in the community;
- Are supported in their roles in their families, regardless of their family structure; and
- Are active philanthropists who share their time, treasures, and talents to better the community regardless of their economic status.
These values guide the judgments and actions of The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem as we work together to carry out our mission and achieve our vision.
- Philanthropy: We believe that encouraging and valuing the investment of time, treasure, and talent can result in systemic change for women and girls in our community.
- Inclusion: We strive for a community where women and girls of all backgrounds--including diversity of race, age, ability, culture, economic status, education, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation— are engaged at all levels of society so that their unique backgrounds, talents, and beliefs may serve to enhance our community and one another.
- Community: We believe that providing leadership that focuses on the needs of women and girls helps build and strengthen our whole community.
- Empowerment: We believe that all women and girls are able to effect change in their lives, organizations, and communities.
- Social Justice: We strive to raise the status of women and girls until their value, worth and dignity are fully respected, and that all women are treated fairly and equitably.