Women's Funding Network Fact Sheet
Our members are grant-making organizations that spearhead change through strategic investments in women’s leadership and organizations. By joining Women's Funding Network, women’s funds are able to draw on a networked approach, connecting women on the ground with leaders across many sectors, building collaborations and coordinating efforts necessary to achieve collective, global impact.
Member funds of Women’s Funding Network:
- Have over $535 million in collective working assets* and invest over $70 million per year.
- Are change-makers and grant-makers, bringing investments and solutions together.
- Seek out and invest in programs, services and initiatives led by women that offer the greatest potential to create lasting change.
Women’s funds are united by a number of critical shared values:
- A focus on the solutions of women who are poor or pushed to the margins. Over 80% of women’s fund investments go to women living in poverty or those most affected by issues such as homelessness, violence and human rights abuses.
- An intention to achieve lasting, systemic change. From protecting women’s land rights in Tanzania to achieving lasting gains for low-income U.S. women workers, women’s funds prioritize solutions that shape women’s status and opportunities in society on a lasting basis.
- Shared commitment to inclusion. Our approach to philanthropy is democratic and involves women at every level. We believe everyone can be a philanthropist.
Women’s Funding Network knows that investing in women sparks a powerful chain reaction that transforms not only women themselves, but families, communities and nations. Through Women Moving Millions, our campaign in partnership with philanthropists Swanee and Helen LaKelly Hunt, we are making history by raising the bar on women’s philanthropy.
- Women's funds in our Network have raised $193 million – exceeding our original goal of $150 million – which tips the combined assets and grant-making of women’s funds over the $1 billion mark.
Galvanized by strategic partnerships and the commitment of tens of thousands of donors and change-makers across the globe, Women’s Funding Network is transforming the lives of women worldwide. At the movement’s heart is the belief that an investment in a woman is an investment in her family, and ultimately her community and her nation. Women’s funds catalyze this powerful chain reaction to forge the building blocks for a more just and sustainable world.
* Working assets refers to the sum of women’s funds’ assets and contributions received.